Steps to Increasing Child Support Payments: How to Enforce What’s Owed

Steps to Increasing Child Support Payments: How to Enforce What’s Owed

Tips for Getting the Money You Deserve

When one parent fails to make child support payments as ordered by the court, that can create a lot of problems for the other parent and child. Luckily, there are steps that can be taken to enforce the payments that are owed. Odessa Child Custody Attorney can help you make sure your child gets the money it needs.

If the other parent is not making their child support payments, the first step is to try to work out an agreement between the two of you. If that is not possible, then you can take legal action. You will need to file a petition with the court and request that they enforce the child support order. The court can then take a number of different actions, including garnishing wages or putting a lien on property.

Odessa Child Custody Attorney

Also, if the other parent is behind on payments, they may be required to pay interest on the unpaid amount. This can add up quickly, so it is important to take action as soon as possible. For example, if the other parent owes $5000 in child support and is six months behind, they would owe an additional $250 in interest.

Finally, if all else fails, you can consider hiring a child support enforcement agency. These agencies work on behalf of the parent owed child support to help collect the payments that are owed. They may be able to garnish wages or put a lien on property, just like the court can.

If you are having trouble getting the child support payments that you are owed, it is important to seek out professional help. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the legal system and get the results that you need. With their help, you can ensure that your child gets the financial support they deserve.

Comments are closed.